Open collaborative design/Others working within this field
- The MIT group behind Thinkcycle (open-source design for underserved communities and the environment) and Instructables which is a website to share step-by-step instructions for building things
- Adrian Bowyer - The RepRap project (an open-source rapid prototyping machine designed to be capable of self-replication)
- Cameron Sinclair - Architecture for Humanity - applying 'open-source' to humanitarian reconstruction and the built environment. They have recently launched the Open Architecture Network.
- Terry Hancock - co-founder of Anansi Spaceworks that is attempting to use open source principles to develop space technology. His series of articles titled Towards a free matter economy make interesting reading. Parts: 7
- Massimo Menichinelli - developer of the Open Peer-to-Peer Design concept and design methodology. While Open Design focuses on opening a design project, Open P2P Design focuses on building a community or social system that follows Open P2P principles and organizational forms in order to put in practice a collaborative activity that generates Open Innovations. With Open Design we offer a design project to an Open P2P social system; with Open P2P Design we co-design and enable an Open P2P social system.
...and there must be plenty more...